Our experienced team of utility consultants can help equip your utility for the future.
Utility Consulting Solutions
Distributed Energy Resource (DER) PlanningDetermines the costs and benefits of a growing DER base in a utility’s service area. Find Out More
Electric Utility Strategy DevelopmentDelivers a long-term plan designed to mitigate risk and maximize value to your community. Find Out More
Technology Strategy and Roadmap DevelopmentExamines the information and operational technology program and makes recommendations for a three-year plan. Find Out More
Microgrid Impact StudyAssess the impact of a Microgrid on an existing electric power system. Find Out More
Why work with Schneider Electric
- Strategic Vision The grid of tomorrow is no longer comprised of individual parts. It is a resilient, responsive, seamless system that supports all aspects of a utility’s operations.
- Energy Experts Our Utility Consulting team brings a breadth of skills in utility strategy and planning, financial analysis, regulatory issues, as well as technology roadmaps and evaluations in the Smart Utility space. These include: Grid Modernization, Distributed Energy Resource Integration, Microgrid Planning; Grid Resiliency; and Distribution Reliability.
- Aging Infrastructure: The electrical distribution system in the U.S. is aging and requires strategic reinvestment to meet increasing customer demands 48% of electric utilities cite an aging infrastructure as their top challenge.
- Skilled Workforce on the Decline: U.S. utilities have experienced staff reductions in the last 20 years; Talent gap due to an increasing retirement-eligible workforce.
- New Technology and Distributed Energy Resources (DER): 67% of utilities state they should take a direct role in supplying distributed generation to customers as it would open up a new avenue of utility revenue; Utility staff may not have the necessary experience.
- Financial Impact on an Evolving Industry: Investment in infrastructure will be driven by a flat load growth and the resulting effect on rates; 65% of electric utilities recognize the need to develop a new business model to combat declining demand growth.
- Sustainable Growth and Environmental Impact: Effects of impending carbon legislation; Increases in renewable generation result in business and operational integration complexities.