Electronic overcurrent relays from 0.3 A to 38 A
TeSys LR97D electronic overcurrent relays provide protection against locked rotor, seizure or mechanical shocks. Unlike the thermal overload relays, these relays do not have a thermal memory. They have definite time characteristics with adjustable current threshold and time delay.
- Direct mounting beneath TeSys Model d contactors up to LC1D38, width 45 mm
- Screw clamp or lug connections
- External 24 to 230 V AC power supply
- Manual or automatic reset
- Protection functions:
- Overcurrents due to overload or mechanical jamming: starting and steady state operation overtorque monitoring - Can be used as torque surge protection
- Specific protection for locked rotor
- Specific protection for phase failure.
- Current threshold adjustment using 2 separate time settings (starting and trip in steady state operation)
- Selection of 3-phase or single-phase operation
- Diagnostics via 2 LED indicators (starting, overtorque, rotor locked and phase failure)
- Auxiliary contact: 1 C/O.
Machine protection combined with motor starter
TeSys LR97D electronic overcurrent relays (or overtorque protection relays) assure optimal protection for motors and other mechanical devices, such as gear boxes.
- Compact (45 mm wide) for easy integration into motor starter functions
- Reduces production loss and associated downtime
- Simple setting and signaling features
TeSys LR97D relays do not have thermal memory and can be used as specific motor protection in the case of severe duty applications, such as machines with long starting times and frequent starting. The solution is suitable for a variety of motor control applications in industry, infrastructures and buildings, including:
- Machines with high resistive torque
- High inertia machines
- Machines with high risk of jamming during steady state operation
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ