Smart distribution system switching and power optimization solutions.
Feeder Automation SolutionsSolutions for network switching and power optimization.
Smart Switching and ReclosingFrom the enablment of simple bi-directional communication and remote control to fully automated Fault Isolation and Supply Restoration schemes, Schneider Electric can enable any distribution switching and reclosing need. Find Out More
Smart Power OptimizationOptimizing power involves advancing the state-of-the-art in distribution capacitor control and power measurement, enabling the voltage and VAR control optimization all utilities seek. Find Out More
Feeder Automation System IntegrationWe enable integration of many distribution devices, regardless of provider, in a new paradigm of configurability, security, functionality and ease of use with our Easergy Feeder Automation platform. Find Out More
CommunicationsPackaged solution sets that include end devices and communications networks that have gone through the rigors of our Tested, Validated and Documented Architecture (TVDA) process. Find Out More
Why work with Schneider Electric
- Automated switching and reclosing dramatically improve restoration times for feeder outages, reducing both SAIDI and SAIFI, and simplifying the process of restoration for field crews. Ultimately reducing crew work locations, saving time and money for each and every outage.
- Enabling Automatic Voltage and VAR optimization on the Distribution system reduces both losses and demand, allowing the utility to manage peak demand events and emergency events in the most economic manner possible. Reducing the energy spend of the utility and ensuring power delivery within regulatory requirements.
- Feeder localized switch automation and coordination offers the fastest response to faulted circuits and restoring customer supply.
- Reliable and enclosed switchgear, combined with automated switching schemes, can improve service reliability while actually reducing the number of switch and recloser installations per feeder and across the system.
- VAR Optimization and Voltage Regulation offer incredible economic benefits depending on the distribution system topology and the types of consumers that are connected.
- Schneider Electric's Power Systems Engineering team holds professional license in all 50 states. Our Energy Application Center (EAC) and Field Services Teams deliver a wide range of automation project support including consulting, engineering, installation and management.
- Each utility has feeders in different stages of automation enablement, and a surgical approach to planning can enable incredible results. Reducing OPEX while minimizing CAPEX.
- Easergy Feeder Automation platform can streamline connections between field devices and the control center and enable advanced functionality for your most challenging issues, integrating multiple supplier equipment.